Last Updated on June 22, 2018.
Your Information Right
- You may receive communications from us related to our Services, including service announcements, administrative messages and surveys relating either to your experience or transactions on this Site, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time.You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. We reserve the right to email you with respect to important notices, even if you have requested not to receive emails from us.
- Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with you, including for analytical purposes as well as for record-keeping integrity.
Your Data Protection Rights and Choices
If you wish to access your personal information that BotStar collects, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under “How to Contact Us” heading below.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you additionally have the following data protection rights:
- If you request access to your personal information, we will confirm whether we hold your information and provide you with a copy, explaining how we process it and why, how long we store it for and your rights associated with it.
- If you request deletion of your personal information, we will erase it. Please do note that we will need to retain any information that we require to fulfill our legal obligations or to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time.Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here).
How we collect your personal Information
What we collect depends largely on the interaction that takes place between you and BotStar, most of which can be categorized under the following:
Using BotStar Software as a Service. When you use any BotStar Software as a Service, we store all the content you provide, including but not limited to accounts created for team members, files, pictures, project information, and any other information that you provide to the services you use. For any BotStar Software as a Service, we also collect data about usage of the software. This may include, but is not limited to, numbers of users, flows, broadcasts etc.
Types of Personal Information:
(i) Users: identification, publicly available social media profile information, e-mail, IT information (IP addresses, usage data, cookies data, browser data); financial information (credit card details, account details, payment information).
(ii) Subscribers (users of users or also known as audience or subscriber): identification and publicly available social media profile information (name, date of birth, gender, geographic location), chat history, navigational data (including chatbot usage information), application integration data, and other electronic data submitted, stored, sent, or received by end users and other personal information, the extent of which is determined and controlled by the Customer in its sole discretion.
Purchasing BotStar PRO subscription. When you sign up for BotStar Software as a Service PRO Subscription, we collect information to process your payment and create your customer account. This information includes name, email address, physical address, telephone number, and company name where applicable. We retain the last four digits of your credit card to allow you to identify the card used for future purchases. We use a third-party service provider to process your credit card transactions. These third parties are governed by their own agreements.
Data collected for and by our Users. As you use our Services, you may import into our system personal information you have collected from your Subscribers or other individuals. We have no direct relationship with your Subscribers or any person other than you, and for that reason, you are responsible for making sure you have the appropriate permission for us to collect and process information about those individuals. As part of our Services, we may use and incorporate into features information you have provided, we have collected from you, or we have collected about Subscribers.
If you are a Subscriber and no longer want to be contacted by one of our users, please unsubscribe directly from that user’s bot or contact the user directly to update or delete your data.
Information automatically collected. Our servers may automatically record certain information about how you use our Site (we refer to this information as “Log Data“), including both Clients and casual visitors. Log Data may include information such as a user’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, device and browser type, operating system, the pages or features of our Site to which a user browsed and the time spent on those pages or features, the frequency with which the Site is used by a user, search terms, the links on our Site that a user clicked on or used, and other statistics. We use this information to administer the Service and we analyze (and may engage third parties to analyze) this information to improve and enhance the Service by expanding its features and functionality and tailoring it to our users’ needs and preferences.
Why we collect your personal information
For service operations (i) to operate, maintain, administer and improve the Service; (ii) to manage and communicate with you regarding your Service account, if you have one, including by sending you Service announcements, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages; (iii) to process payments you make through the Service; (iv) to better understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service; (v) o send you information about product by email (vi) to respond to your Service-related requests, questions and feedback.
To communicate with you. If you request information from us, register for the Service or participate in our surveys, promotions or events, we may send you BotStar-related marketing communications if permitted by law but will provide you with the ability to opt out.
To comply with law.We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
With your consent. We may use or share your personal information with your consent, such as when you consent to let us post your testimonials or endorsements on our Site, you instruct us to take a specific action with respect to your personal information or you opt into third party marketing communications.
To create anonymous data for analytics. We may create anonymous data from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by excluding information that makes the data personally identifiable to you, and use that anonymous data for our lawful business purposes.
For compliance, fraud prevention and safety. We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to (a) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; (b) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
How we share your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- Third party services providers who provide data processing services to us (for example, to support the delivery of; provide functionality on; or help to enhance the security of our Online Services), or who otherwise process personal information for purposes such as credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests and fraud prevention. Where third-party service providers have access to data they will only collect information as needed to perform their functions. They are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your interests or those of any other person;
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company or this website, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements;
- Any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
- We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest;
We retain the personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements). When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize the data or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.We will anonymize or aggregate your data if we intend to use it for analytical purposes or trend analysis over longer periods.
Cookies and Beacons
This is a general audience site and does not offer services directed to children. Should a child whom we know to be under 16 send personal information to us, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child to inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving his or her personal information.
Changes to This Document